Monday, April 18, 2011

My Personal Book Club Thoughts

My reading is down this year.  As I write this post, there are 257 days left in the year.   That means in the past 99 days I have read 10 Books:
Fiction
The Lincoln Lawyer. (Michael Connelly)
A Game of Thrones. (George R. R. Martin)
A Clash of Kings. (George R. R. Martin)
A Storm of Swords. (George R. R. Martin)
The Brass Verdict. (Michael Connelly)
The Dark Fields. (Alan Glynn)
The Reversal. (Michael Connelly)
Anonymous Lawyer. (Jeremy Blachman)


Non-fiction
Solo by Choice. (Carolyn Elefant)
How to be a Rainmaker (Jeffery Fox)
Basic Economics 

I really should be reading a book every five days.  That’s about how long it takes me to read a book.  Nevertheless, I have succumbed to reading fatigue this year on more than one occasion.  This is mainly a result of reading too much in preparation for law school exams and reading miscellaneous articles related to my dissertation.   I have half a mind to keep track of all this miscellaneous reading. 

I’ve started reading Worse Than War: “Genocide, Eliminationism, and the Ongoing Assault on Humanity,” by Daniel Jonah Goldhagen.  The main reason is to try to balance out my reading load.  It’s clear I need to read more nonfiction.  A big reason for all the fiction, I think, is all of the reading I do regarding law school.  The thing that really bothers me is that I find myself just sitting around watching TV too much.  I past weekend I watched three basketball games.  This week I am going to pick it up.  I’ll try to finish the Goldhagen book and read a few short books front to back – The Social Contract and Kant’s Groundwork.  I’ll be doing this as I ramp up for my finals in Contracts and Civil Procedure.  Also, the baby will be here within the next thirty days.  I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment